Monday, February 14, 2011

Reason number four that I love... love

Hello, again! I had a small weekend hiatus, but I'm back and it's Valentine's Day.  This is going to be a short one because I'm pretty busy now, but I just wanted to point out a few good things about love. Not the teenage kind of love that's based on how you're feeling. That one is great and it's part of what makes days like today lots of fun.  However, the love I'm talking about is a little different.

Now that I'm a married woman, I have a bit of experience in this. "Ho, ho, do you now?" say all those who have been married for at least a year. ;) Well, I don't know everything, but I do know that there are two types of love. There's the love you feel and the love you do. The love you do is what I'm going to mention today. It's how I can go to my husband and hug him after a disagreement (we're both kind of extremely stubborn, so our fights can get .... tough). A lot of the time, it's what keeps my house clean. It's a sacrifice and it's hard to get used to, but the secret is to just tell yourself, "Look at all I've been given. What of this do I deserve?" All it takes is a little perspective.

That's when love is just plain cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment