Saturday, February 19, 2011

Reason number five that I love medicine

So. My husband got sick this week (for the second time this winter).  It's crazy because in all the four years that we were dating, I think he got sick enough to skip school ONCE - he missed one day in high school. And this winter he's already missed at least four days! Anyway, I am growing to appreciate the value of medical junk.

The official value of medicine:
  • Acetaminophen - makes a fever go WAAY down.
  • Ibuprofen - makes aches and pains go away
  • Mucinex - cleans out sinuses and drains snot/loogies
 In addition to medicine, I've also learned the value of blankets, soup, a good thermometer, and sleep, sleep, sleep.

One of the other strange things is that both times, it seems like the illnesses that my husband had would be extremely contagious. I figured I'd have to live through being sick too, since, you know, I live with my husband and everything, but the first time, I got through clean and un-sick and this time, it looks like I'm homefree too! It's so weird...

My week has been one crazy-fest... On to my next post to see what else is new and big with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment